Best Guitar – Guitar Reviews
Hi there, this is Paul Ramirez’s Best Guitar site with all the Guitar Reviews on the top rated and popular guitars out there.
Every beginner wants to know how to choose the best guitar, and yet not many experts have the magical knowledge of telling them which is the one, but it’s not the experts or the players fault, it’s more of the beauty of anatomy which makes each and every one of us unique.
So instead of choosing the most expensive guitar or the guitar which every other guitarist claims is the best guitar, you should instead look for a guitar that would suit you.
Types of Guitar
Before choosing a certain model of guitar, let me start by explaining briefly the different types of guitars. If you already know which type of guitar you are playing, you can skip this and go straight to my guitar reviews.
- Acoustic Guitar – The typical and most basic guitar with hollow body. Modern variations include the classical guitar, steel-string guitar and archtop guitar.
- Electric Guitar – A guitar that generates electric signals that are modified and amplified before reaching the loudspeaker. The electric guitar is a major player in a rock band.
- Bass Guitar – A guitar that is used for playing the beats and music framework. It can also be used for solo playing in heavy metal.
These are the three main types but there are really so many other types that it will take a whole chapter in an encyclopedia to list them out, such as semi-acoustic, acoustic-electric, and so on. Most of us will start playing on an acoustic guitar, either the classical or the steel string, and that is what I recommend you to buy if you’re just starting.
How to Choose the Best Guitar
There are a few things to look at when you choose a guitar, because you want one that not only sounds nice, but lets you play with ease and comfort. Here are a few tips on choosing the best guitar:
Find a guitar with a neck that suits the length of your fingers. Not everyone can play a full size guitar.
- To cut away or not to cut away
A beginner will probably not need a cutaway guitar, since cutaways are for easier access to the lower frets.
Do the curves let the guitar sit comfortably on your thigh?
Branded guitars simply meant that the builder is more consistent in producing good guitars, and therefore are a better bet than unbranded ones.
Best Guitar – Guitar Reviews
Here are some of the best guitars I’ve picked out and reviewed. Each of them is suitable for different levels of playing and player, so you’ll have to decide which is the best for you.
- Best Classical Guitar – A good way to start playing the guitar.
- Best Guitar Pack for Beginners – A guitar pack with extras included for first time player.
- Best Value Guitar Pack – Good value for money!
- Best Budget Acoustic Guitar – A basic guitar and nothing else for those with a tight budget.
- Best Mid Range Guitar – A beauty that is worth more than its price. Great for the serious but casual guitarist.
- Best Guitar for Professionals – An expensive high quality guitar only fit for the really good guitarist.
More of my guitar reviews are here in my blog, and I will update it if there are any good guitars to recommend!
Best Guitar Guide and Tips
Other than knowing which type of guitar you should be getting, also think about these factors:
- Size of the guitar
- Cutaway or no cutaway
- Curves of the guitar
- Guitar brands
I have explained in more detail here: How to Choose the Best Guitar.
My Best Guitar Top Picks
For those who can’t wait to buy the guitars, here are my best guitar top picks by names. I recommend buying at Amazon where you’ll find great deals you probably won’t get in music stores.
- Takamine EG523SC Jumbo Cutaway – Best guitar for the average player.
- Yamaha Gigmaker Standard Acoustic Guitar Pack – A great guitar pack for the beginners.
- Guitar For Dummies Acoustic Guitar Starter Pack – Get more for your money!
- Rogue RA-100D Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar – If you have a tight budget, you’ll like this acoustic guitar at an affordable price.
- Martin D-28 Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar – A great play for the professionals.
- Yamaha C40 – Play classical? This is the best guitar for you.
Best Guitar & Other Guitar Blogs
Do check back to my blog for more guitar reviews soon! Hope you enjoy reading my blog.